Sunday, September 19, 2010

I've joined!

While playing around with my Gardeners' Journal fabrics this afternoon, I made a very exciting discovery....

...I can join two completed blocks together! My little quilt is starting to grow...now that is what I call progress! Another exciting discovery I made today... (are you managing to contain your excitement?LOL)


...is that with the completion of these two stitcheries, I am officially half finished my blocks! WOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Here's a close up...
This one's called...interestingly enough..."basket of flowers", and the birdfeeder is called "dovecote"...

Where am I finding the time for all this stitching, you may ask? Well, we are counting down till the beginning of the Australian National Gymnastics Championships in Adelaide next week, and that means I am sitting in on lots of additional trampoline training sessions with my son. I sit and I stitch...and I stitch and I sit...and am often surprised how much I can achieve in a single session ! Find time where you can :)
TTFN xxx

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

super effort and your blocks look great together.......goodluck for your son too.......

Linda said...

Does that mean Riley is away for the holidays?(must ring him and wish him goodluck) Gosh that has gone by quick.The bird feeder sure does look cute.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What great progress you are making Susan! Can't wait to see the blocks in the second half.

Bet Riley is starting to get excited about his trip next week. Glad you are putting the practice sessions to good use.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your embroidered and patchworked blocks look really lovely!! I can't wait to see the whole quilt!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Love the colours of the fabric you have used and that dove cot is just sooo cute!

Cardygirl said...

Love your fabrics 7 your stitching is beautiful!

Tracey Holdyk said...

You may have camera envy but I have seriour stitch envy. I love looking at your work, it makes me happy.
love me :-)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

I love your fabric selection!!

Jill said...

I cannot even beging to explain how much I love this quilt... sigh. I love the fabrics, the colors, oh- and the embroidery-- oh I have no words. All I can say is that when I saw the photos, I felt instant happiness. Happy happy happy!
Hugs,
Jill