Friday, September 17, 2010

Shrinking :)

Turquoise, pumpkin, olive and crisp white...who could resist having a play with that yummy colour combination?

It's been a while since I've used a palette from The Color Room, but when I popped over there for some inspiration I couldn't believe they are up to Palette number 23! The last one I did was in the single digits I think :0

So here is my take on the colours...


It occurred to me this year that Riley's pile of birthday presents is getting smaller and smaller...but costing more and more each year :) Technology doesn't come cheap, does it?

I cut my banners with scallop scissors, and used a Zig writer and Thickers to decorate. The twine is one of my favourite things right now...my friend Lisa is responsible :) and generously gave me some to play with.


I cut the journal block with scallop scissors too. The star stamps are Hero Arts, and paper is Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice Sesame.
This could just be my new favourite colour combination!
TTFN xxx

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The turquoise and pumpkin look fabulous together - what a great inspiration for your LO. The banner is so cute:) Glad you are finding a use for the twine.

Linda said...

Oh no, haven't you been able to order any of the twine yet? Oh Riley wait until christmas when the girls have tons of presents and you only have a few. Thats what seems to happen when you get older as your presents get much more expensive.
xx

Leane said...

Awesome. Especially love the banner. Your very clever.

Tracey Holdyk said...

Don't you hate that the pile gets smaller but the price goes up. It just doesn't seem right does it. I am with Linda, the christmas pile will be dismal... but expensive LOL.
love me :-)