Friday, September 24, 2010

Sewing, airports,books...and other random stuff :)

Random post today...because it's Friday, and it's a bit windy, and my hayfever is WAAAAAY out of control, thus making normal, structured thoughts virtually impossible :)

It's the last day of school term here, and we are about to embark on a new adventure...

...sewing lessons! Lydia has been wanting to learn to sew for a while, so we figure that holidays are the perfect opportunity. She had a first test run last night, and zipped up a rather cute little bag for herself...it's just waiting on some handles. I have no idea what will be next...any ideas?

Dropped my boy at the airport this morning...


...proudly wearing his West Australian State colours, all ready for a big adventure in Adelaide at the National Trampolining Championships. What I would give to be flying out with him right now... :(

Happy mail in my letter box...


...to get me in the Christmas mood (LOL...as if I needed any encouragement!)
And a plan for the weekend...


...Old Perth Road markets are on again this Sunday, and Tomorrows Memories will be open! What could be nicer than scrapping your Sunday away in the TM's classroom (for free!), with the occasional break to pop out and peruse the markets? Not much, I'm thinking. Bookings are essential, so give the shop a call on 92792183 to book your spot.
Enjoy the sunshine
TTFN xxx

5 comments:

Linda said...

mmmmmmmmm not fair my copy of Tilda hasn't arrived yet.
Boy Riley looks so grown up and way to go Lydia (where's the photo of the bag)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

How fantastic your daugther is learning to sew. hhmmm how about a pencil case, cushion or a skirt - http://www.ikatbag.com/2010/04/how-to-sew-skirt-when-you-are-5-years.html here is a link with an idea on it.

Happy holidays, oh how I miss the Summer hols already :-(

Vanessa said...

Lydia looks right at home sitting at the sewing machine. Would love to see the finished bag. I've been teaching a friend's daughter to make cushions for her bed. Great fun!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How exciting that Lydia is learning to sew. Can't wait to see her projects:) Hope Riley has an amazing time.

Janellybelly said...

Got my Tilda 'Summer Ideas' today too, lucky us :)