Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Clocks, faith and number 11!

The world is full of beautiful things :)

You probably won't believe me when I say that I don't really enjoy shopping. Seriously. I don't.
I just seem to find myself in all sorts of locations trying to kill time, while waiting to collect my children from one activity or another. Sometimes I hand-sew. If I have the non-involved kids with me, we might find a park, or go for baby-cinos, or find some other way to fill in the time. And sometimes, just sometimes, I stumble across something that I just can't resist, like this clock. It's only 13cm high, so will be perfect on my desk....cute, huh?

A new page...

I've had the journaling for this one done for a while, and thought it would be perfect for the number 5 August challenge at Scrapsidaisy... scrap someone/something that you admire, or that inspires you. Riley's confident attitude to life inspires me every day...there's nothing that he won't attempt, and he doesn't let silly things, like the possibility of failure, stop him.

I've used some Jenni Bowlin and October Afternoon Hometown patterned paper on this one. I traced around the letter "f" , cut out and then ran through the Cuttlebug with the Houndstooth check embossing folder, before adhering it to the original chipboard "f" and then sanding ...an old technique, but a good one!



The stars are punched out, then fastened with a brad into the corners. Rubons are from Creative Imaginations (I think)...yes, I dug deep into my stash for some of these supplies!
And number 11? This is number 11 of my "scrap 20 Riley LO's" challenge! But I bet you had figured that out already :)
TTFN xxx


3 comments:

Linda said...

That clock looks so cute.
Good good good I like it when you/we use things from our vast supplies.You managed to fit a few photos on this LO and i am loving the "F".
xx

Janellybelly said...

I was intrigued by the title of your post, I didn't know what to expect :) Love your new clock.

Jenni said...

You scrapbookers never cease to amaze me with your creativity!

The clock is super cute...