Sunday, August 23, 2009

Photos + words, paper + buttons....

...and that's about as basic as it gets when it comes to scrapbooking :)

I've been sitting on these photos for a long time, so long that I can't remember the when/where details, and neither can Riley (and his memory is usually fantastic!). They are the professional photos from a gymnastics competition he competed in back in either 2006 or 2007 ( I can't give the photographer credit, as they are not marked at all, although I DO remember they were expensive LOL). He was a gymnast before he became a trampolinist.


I've had a severe case of "scrappers stagefright" with these photos...do you ever get that? The photos are far too important/fantastic/meaningful/expensive (LOL) that you feel like you won't do them justice...and so you don't scrap them. I can imagine a lot of us would have wedding photos like this...or is it just me who hasn't scrapped their wedding?


So I kept it simple. Photos. Words. Paper. Buttons. And to be quite honest, I couldn't be happier with the way this one turned out. The alphas are cut using the Slice, the paper is all from Basic Grey Lime Rickey, the buttons mostly from Basic Grey Lemonade, all done on white Bazzill Swiss Dots. The story is told. The photos are scrapped. Moving on.....
Thank you for your lovely comments about last night's news :) The competition is in Adelaide late next month, and Sunday mornings are no longer sleep-in morning due to extra training. Yawn yawn :)
TTFN xxx

1 comment:

Linda said...

Ahem..shouldn't you be packing not scrapping???
The LO looks delightful and the paper yum of course. Now that you had done all of Rileys I thought you were going to move on to pink ones. Are you cold? It's cold here today..a perfect day for craftiness.
xx