Saturday, August 30, 2008

The start of something wonderful...

Starting a new project is one of my favourite parts of patchwork.Choosing a new pattern, agonizing over the fabrics and colours and how they will all go together is so much fun! This is probably the reason why I usually make block type quilts rather than overall patterns...I get to choose new fabric combinations for each block as I put them together!

The Christmas quilt that I started recently is called "Christmas Belles" by Mum's Moment. It is made up of 14 blocks of Christmas stitcheries...angels, trees, and even a little row of plum puddings (my favourite block...can you tell? LOL). I am making it mostly in a fabric range called Faded Memories by 3 Sisters for Moda...gorgeous, gorgeous fabrics, as you can see by the stack!
This angel is the first block...quite a bit of stitching in this one.


And this one is Block 2, which will sit next to the angel. I am working on a little Christmas tree at the moment, and then we get to the puddings (YAY!)
I am not terribly confident that it will be completed for Christmas this year...depends on how much it hooks me in, really, but it doesn't matter really. I just love having a stitching project on the go!

And now, for the reason why it probably won't be completed this year.... scrapping LOL!


We spent the day at The Maze a few weeks ago, which is actually several mazes...pines, wooden etc. It was a great day out! This particular maze looked easy, until we read the rules...no left hand turns! It took us ages to figure it out (me especially!) Ho hum. The paper is by Heidi Swapp and seemed perfect for the theme. I did a bit of stitching and distressing around the outside edge, which I seem to do a lot lately. Also keeping it fairly simple, which I also seem to be doing a lot of lately! It has a black border around the outside edge too...bit hard to tell by the photo.

I hope to get into a bit of cardmaking over the weekend because...copycatcards is back! I will tell you all about copycatcards after I make this weeks challenge...and then maybe you would like to join in ;).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey susan its Dan!! Man you are a skilled a scrapbooker youll have to give my mum some tips at my 21st! Actually shes been working on my scrapbook for a few years and its my 21st present. But she has the girls ones to do so im sure she would love some expert advice!!!

Take it easy im off to roll around down the hole with your hubby!!

Linda said...

WOWWWW Susan
I haven't quilted for ages even though Andrew bought me a new machine last Chrissy, you make me feel inspired to get it all out again.I was in TM'S today and I really,really,really love the mum mini album,it's just gorgeous. You should put it on the blog, with instructions, of course.
XX Linda

suzitee said...

Just to clarify this last comment (LOL)... my hubby is an underground miner, "the hole" is the mine, and Dan works with hubby (and thinks he's pretty funny too).

Just thought I should clear that up ROFLMAO.

Jo Kay said...

Love that angel Susan - make sure you bring it in so we can see it in real life!
Jo

Vicki said...

Please make sure I get to see the quilt once you have finished it...another big project for you! Love the layout too. Look forward to seeing you in the shop soon...you are going to love all the new papers coming in!!! bye for now...vicki