Thursday, May 18, 2017

Closest to the finish line

Do you ever have days when you just can't settle on a project to work on?


It seems to be the story of my life at the moment. I have lots of projects on the go (even for me!) and lately I just can't seem to settle in and work on anything...and it's very frustrating!

When the postie turned up this morning with this lovely new book written by my friend Jemima from Tied With A Ribbon, I thought I'd post a photo on instagram to show her that I'd received it, and congratulate her on such a wonderful achievement. (it's a lovely book....a must for your crafty bookshelf)  I pulled a quilt from my quilt ladder to use as a background....photo taken, posted, and then...nothing.

 Well, to be honest, not exactly nothing. Lots of wandering around, pulling out projects, umming and ahhing over what to work on. Ridiculous really.


I was nearly ready to resign myself to an afternoon of netflix and dog snuggling when I looked again at that quilt from the quilt ladder, and realised I STILL hadn't attached binding to it. Oh the shame!! It arrived back from the quilters late last year, and I promptly hung it on my ladder (with edges folded under lol) and forgot about it.

So I invented a new game...I'm  calling it "Closest to the Finish Line". If I'm wandering around, stuck in a rut, overwhelmed by the number of projects I have yet to complete, I have to pull out the project in my stash that requires the least amount of work to finish it, and JUST GO FOR IT!


Even if it is the worst part of quiltmaking....sewing down binding. BLEH!

Hopefully I'll avoid playing this game too often, since my next few "closest to the finish line" projects also include binding. There's a definite trend there.

TTFN

Susan xxx

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely quilt.... Glad it is now finished.......the worst part of a quilt is attaching the binding..... Love stitching it down.......

Hope said...

That's a great game, sounds like it will lead to lots of finishes. :)

Anthea said...

Oh my god Suzi, are you a mind-reader?! I do this ALL the damn time! (minus the nexflix option)
I love doing binding, so that's not an issue, but I do stop part-way with so many projects... I need to play your game!!