Sunday, January 19, 2014

Avalon MBOM

My Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Block of the Month (made in Avalon fabric by Fig Tree and Co) is coming together slowly but surely...can you believe we are up to Month 7 already?

I look forward to each pack arriving in my letterbox, and have been keeping on top of the stitching fairly well...it doesn't take too long once you make a start ;)

Since the last block I showed you was Block Two, we have a bit of catching up to do!

Block Three is another basket block, called Wildflower Bouquet and designed by Laundry Basket Quilts.


Block Four is Radiance by Bonnie and Camille...love all the blues in this one :)


Block Five is Stargazing by Vanessa Christenson...


...and Block Six is Sparklers by Kate Spain.


Block Seven was a bit of a surprise...a house block! It's called Lemon Lodge by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings, and makes me very curious as to what the next block will be :)


The new 2014 Mystery Block of the Month program has recently been announced, and I was kind of happy that it doesn't appeal to me...the colours are quite dull, and not my style at all. I have lots of projects that I'd love to finish this year, and a couple of new quilts that I'd love to start...a little more achievable without a MBOM commitment.

Well...a girl can always dream :)

TTFN xxx

8 comments:

Monica said...

They are a gorgeous set of blocks, Suzi! I can well imagine that these are nice packages to get in the mail. :) I am interested to see how it will all come together too!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

I'm loving this BOM too,waiting for block 8.
Like you I am not sure about the next one,bit dull for me but I'm sure my daughter would love it,so maybe.xx

Helen said...

It's is coming along beautifully, well done !!!

Leanne said...

Your blocks look so pretty, I loved making the house block, it was so easy and I was surprised to when it arrived, I was expecting a basket block of some kind.The new BOM doesn't appeal to me either, It not really that pretty.
Have a great week.

Hope said...

Looking good!

Nicky said...

Your blocks are lovely Suzi, I love the Kate Spain one best! Wish I had kept up now too after seeing yours... I agree, the 2014 BOM did nothing for me either...

Anonymous said...

oh such gorgeous blocks,well done.xx

Anonymous said...

oh such gorgeous blocks,well done.xx