Tuesday, March 19, 2013

ZigZag Love Love Love!

I have something very exciting to tell you about today :)

 My dear, and very talented friend, Hope has started designing patchwork patterns! Her first pattern release is called Zigzag Love, and is available to purchase here.

Zigzag Love is the most adorable mini quilt, and as the name suggests, features hearts and zigzags...it really is the cutest thing! Hope has included instructions to make other sized versions of the quilt, and also other sized hearts...great value for money, and enough to get your creative mind racing  ;)

I was given the honour of testing the pattern, and after much deliberation, decided to use fabric by Cinderberry Stitches designer, Natalie Lymer.  The small scale prints lend themselves perfectly to the pattern, and the cuteness factor is WAY off the charts!


My little hearts are almost done...and they would actually be finished by now, if I didn't have to keep stopping and admiring each little heart as it came off my sewing machine ;) I'm thinking a binding of red polkadots would do it justice, don't you?

Hope has done an awesome job with the design of the patterns too...
 ...and the insructions are super easy to understand! Most steps of construction are accompanied by detailed diagrams, and I LOVE that she tells you which way to press the seams...makes the hearts go together really neatly.

Hope made her sample from Bonnie and Camille's Marmalade...

(image courtesy of Hope Nelson)

...which may just have to be my next version of the pattern too ;)

If you are in need of a new pattern for your latest fabric purchase, and would like to support an up-and-coming young Australian designer, you can purchase the pattern right here.

Now...off to make some more hearts so I can show you my finished version ;)

TTFN xxx



3 comments:

Noela said...

Just been over and downloaded that pattern. So cute. Thanks for showing it. Hugs......

dawn said...

I love her patterns too, so pretty!! Great job on yours, can see why you would love it.

Have to thank you also, finding her on your IG and even her comments here have gotten me curious. I had to check out her PL pages and LOVE LOVE the way she is doing hers. I could honestly see me doing it this way next year. It's so nice to see her photo and words with it, more and more this is what I've been wanting this year.
Have fun playing and making more hearts and always take the time to admire your work.

Lisa said...

What a great pattern! I love the bright colors you've picked, I think they'll lend themselves perfectly to the graphic quality of the quilt. I think I'd stop to admire every heart I stitched, too. They're terrific!