Monday, November 19, 2012

December Daily - decisions and beginnings :)

December Daily. It's something that's been on my mind a bit lately :)

I've been making albums to document our December happenings for quite a few years now, and it has become, in itself, one of our family December traditions.

 With Project Life in the mix this year, I've tossed around how to approach documenting our December memories quite a lot.  Should I incorporate DD into PL? Should I keep them totally seperate? Should I ditch December Daily altogether? I even put it out there to you guys, and had some interesting feedback, and lots of food-for-thought (thank you for your comments and suggestions!)

In the end, it has come down to my Christmas-obsessed daughter Lydia, who was horrified by the thought of no December Daily! (why does that NOT surprise me? LOL)

So, in the interests of keeping things super simple this year, here is my start...

..to say I love the October Afternoon Holiday Style paper on the front cover is an understatement :) I hand cut the cream base title plate to fit the album, and added the word sticker "December" from Simple Stories Snap Life and some small grey alphas to spell out "twenty twelve". A bit hard to see, but I stitched around the perimeter of the paper, too.


The filler pages are all plain ivory cardstock, stamped with variations of Ali Edwards' Today You Journaling Frames stamps across the bottom...I may or may not add a little embellishing as I complete each page. I've sized the pages specifically to fit a 4x6 photo at the top...keeping it nice and simple and manageable.

The numbers for each day are going to be placed directly onto the photo, and I'll be using the stickers below...

...which are part of a Mint Twist sticker sheet by Kaisercraft. I'll probably make a title page with the Holiday Style journal cards, and may even pop one into the album every now and then...depending on how many photos I end up with ;)

So that's the plan. I wonder what the reality will be?

Watch this space :)

TTFN xxx

3 comments:

dawn said...

I love the look of your album, the cover is so pretty!! What a great job you did planning the pages and keeping it simple. The paper lines your've picked are festive, great choice.
Way to go on deciding to keep your DD tradition even with PL in your life now too. I have no doubt you will keep up with both and they will be AMAZING!!
Thanks so much for sharing, now I better get busy getting mine ready!

Linda said...

Susan that looks stunning and how good are you to have it all ready to o for dec 1.
Even I am doing something, it's another class with Shimelle called Journal Your Christmas and runs from 1/12 until about the 4/1 with daily prompts you don't need daily photos and some of the prompts are about memories so I guess we will all be busy.

Hope said...

I like the plan, it sounds very manageable. You'll be fine :)