Saturday, July 30, 2011

Some Kind of Wonderful

With the completion date looming for our Tis The Season Stitch-a-long project, the ever encouraging Chookyblue
got busy and organised a new project for us...isn't she wonderful?

I was most excited when my book arrived on Friday, and even more excited that my yummy Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree is going to be the perfect range to make it!

I ordered my copy through Hatched and Patched in Bathurst, and requested (ever so politely) that the author and shop owner, Anni Downs, sign it for me :)


I am a long-time fan of Anni's work, and have stitched several of her quilts and many of her projects over the years...so excited to have my very own signed copy of this beautiful book!


The Stitch-a-long group will be making the "My Favourite Things" quilt, which has all sorts of cute blocks...shoes, rainbows, umbrellas, ice-creams, teacups...it is soooooo adorable!

The book has lots of other projects too...which might be just the thing to keep me occupied until Chooky gives the go-ahead for us to start on the quilt!

Love a new project to dream about :)

TTFN xxx

7 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I was wondering what your next quilt a long project was going to be! I love Anni's designs - how coll that you have an autographed copy of her book.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

It is a fabulous book huh, I am really looking forward to this one too, but have several projects to "finish" first!

Nicky said...

SNAP! I have the very same bundle of fabrics sitting with the book, patiently waiting for me to decide if I'm going to do this project. There is a whole lot of applique in this quilt for me, so not entirely sure if I'm going to continue with this SAL. Thought I'd better be prepared though. When I saw Strawberry Fields I knew it would be perfect too. It's going to make a beautiful quilt!

Hope said...

Can't wait to see this in your choice of fabrics. That range is lovely.

Tracey Holdyk said...

Ooooooooooo I love it... can anyone join in.
Love me :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

love the fabrics you have picked for the project..........and is a sweety signing the book for you.....

Sewandthecity said...

This looks like a lovely project, can’t wait to see the result!