Friday, July 30, 2010

Umbrellas,birds, pigs...and a little more love :)

It's Friday! And you know what that means...another challenge at Scrapsidaisy! This week it is MY turn to set the challenge, and since I wanted to get these photos scrapped, I set the theme as "nature". So you can scrap nature at it's best...like flowers from your garden, kids playing in the rain...or nature at it's worst...like hailstorms, bushfires etc. Your LO also needs to include multiple photos and some journaling. Want to play?

Here is what I made...

These are the photos I took after that big hailstorm we had earlier in the year.

I've used papers from My Minds Eye Quite Contrary, and rubons from October Afternoon. The alphas are a mix of Basic Grey and American Crafts.

I hand cut the raindrops and adhered them with foam tape for some extra dimension. The umbrella was handcut too, to mimic the cute little umbrellas in the border strip.
Onto the birds....



..the postie brought me a happy little bundle of joy today :) I finally spent my voucher from Quilt Fabric Delights that I won a while back...I just couldn't resist this cute collection called Free As A Bird by Stof. I am so in love with this colour palette! Then there is Holiday Happy which I posted about a while ago too..


...only a couple of prints have arrived at QFD so far, but I will be keeping my eyes open for the rest of the range (I already have a project in mind LOL).
Then I lashed out on a little more Love...


Such a happy, bright range from Amy Butler...this will be a lovely addition to my ever growing Love stash :)
And then there are the pigs...

You may remember me blogging about this pattern a while back when it was first released...you can imagine how excited I was when it popped up in the Whats New section at QFD!
So there you have it...my voucher is spent, and my fabric stash is looking all the cuter for my new additions. Thanks again to Sarah at Quilt Fabric Delights...I have had such fun deciding what to buy!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend...hopefully after Merryn's party on Sunday my house will look a little less Pinkalicious. There is pink stuff everywhere here at the moment!!!
TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh wow i cant wait to see your pigs when they are made. You spent your voucher very well, so many goodies. Hope Merryn's party goes well and that you all get pinked out.
xx

Janellybelly said...

Yay, you got the HB Piggy Pattern. I love all your new fabrics too, can I please have the selvedges?
Now, about this new job... details please.
Love Janelle xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love all your new fabrics, and so glad you got the HB Pig Pattern - it had your name written all over it! Looks like a fabulous package from QFD. Can't wait to see what you do with it all:)

Hope the party tomorrow is a huge success!

Tracey Holdyk said...

OMG love it all. I can't wait to see the pigs. I may just have to go over and check out the fabric. I am just itching to make something... LOL
love me :-)
Say Happy Birthday to Merryn for me.