Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Project Life 2014...organisation, cover page and Week One


Hello Project Life 2014!


I have to say, I am so excited to be documenting another year :) After falling behind a little towards the end of last year, I spent the last few days of 2013 playing catch-up, which didn't excite me much at all!

Thankfully, once those last few pages were complete, I rediscovered my enthusiasm ;)

I organise my albums, usually two per year, in these gorgeous red polkadot albums that I picked up from Spotlight on sale. I wait for a great deal, and stock up. I recently bought some bookplates from Officeworks to attach to the outside covers of my albums so that they can be easily identified, and looked through often :)

My first cover page for 2014 looks something like this...


...a family photo for the top right corner will finish it off. I've used bits and pieces from my Honey Core Kit, as well as some other cards from my stash.


Spotlight stock some great little phrase card booklets by Pebbles Inc, and they also feature on my title page...I use them quite a lot through my albums.


Machine stitching finished off the page just nicely :)

Week One, which seemed to come and go in a flash, looked like this...

I'm not planning on using a single core kit for 2014...like every other year, I'll mix it up each week according to my photos. This week I've used mostly Simple Stories I (heart) Summer collection, with a few extras thrown in.

Since it's been SO long since I've shared any Project Life pages with you, I thought you might like some close-ups :)


I basically use the same format each week...Design A page protectors, lots of photos, and little bits I collect during the week. Roses chocolates definitely had to be included this week...oh boy, I've eaten some of those lately!


The yellow squares that contain the journaling in these pages are one of my PL staples too...a MUST to include more words when you also like to use lots of photos. Luckily, I have a stamp set that includes squares, circles, rectangles, all in different sizes, so I can customize the colour to suit.

So that's Week One done, and Project Life up-to-date so far ;) Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for the whole year!

Thanks for visiting

TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Hope said...

Beautiful Susan. I love your spotty albums, so you :)

Your first week of 2014 looks great. You CAN keep up the momentum, I know you can.

Anonymous said...

well done ,such gorgeous work.xx

dawn said...

Hi Susan, finally made it here.

WOW, gorgeous pages and fun colors. I love seeing yours so much. You always pack many memories in these little pockets, love it!

The title card is a fun one! Good for you getting started with the new year album, keep up the good work. Hoping we both stay on top of it this year.

Thanks for blogging and sharing them, so nice to be here again!

Anthea said...

Hi Suzi - remember me?! - Happy New Year!
I am looking forward to seeing another year of PL from you - it's such a great concept but I would not have a hope of keeping up if I tried...
I bet you are getting excited about your new doggy coming home soon!
Take Care, Anthea