Saturday, March 11, 2017

Happy Flower Quilt-a-long

The Happy Flower Quilt-a-long had my name written all over it from the minute I saw the hashtag pop up on instagram 😄



 From the very first time I saw the amazing book by Atsuko Matsuyama several years ago I was in love with the pink quilt on the front cover...SO much pretty! However, the book was printed in Japanese and I really didn't think my quilting skills could extend to understanding instructions in another language!

The English version was printed in 2016, and I managed to get my hands on a copy earlier this year...yay! I wasn't actually planning on making anything until I saw that hashtag, and all of a sudden my head was swirling with ideas.

One (very late) night last weekend, my heart settled on my Bonnie and Camille fabric stash, in particular my Little Ruby fat quarter bundle. How perfect would all those tiny prints be?


The rest is history.


The polkadot backgrounds were a no-brainer...although I may have to stock up on a few more colours  over the course of the QAL ;)

Already, a happy little community has formed over on Facebook and Instagram, and I'm sure you would be welcomed with open arms if you choose to give in to the temptation.


I'm hoping to keep up with the group's goal of two blocks per week, but if not I'll be happy with however far I get. Just making pretty little 6 inch blocks is enough to give me joy :)
(speaking of 6 inch blocks, I must remember to show you my Splendid Sampler blocks....oh and my Farmers Wife blocks...and my Farm Girl Vintage blocks....there's a trend there!)

Have a happy day!
 TTFN

Susan xxx

2 comments:

Hope said...

LOL - lots to show! Your blocks are very pretty, the quilt is bound to be gorgeous.

I am definitely not up for any more sew-alongs, I just don't seem to stay hooked. I think I'll get some UFOs finished, work on my patterns, and just enjoy watching everyone else join in. :)

Anthea said...

Glad to see that your B&C lovelies are going to have their time to shine, Suzi!
Great decision... better than being tucked away in a shelf.