Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bluebirds, pails and fish...

...all in the one blog post! Well, these things happen when there's a week or more between blog posts...everything gets bundled in together :) We'll start with bluebirds... Very proud of myself...I've spent the last couple of days working on my Little Bluebirds quilt. Above is the block that I stalled on...the one where the stars weren't perfect, and I threw it into my sewing basket in disgust, and there it stayed for months and months...remember the story? Well, this is the NEW star block (aka Part 2) , with all new, much nicer looking stars, all ready for some running stitch to go around them. The good news? Parts 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all complete....and Part 7 is the final part of the quilt! Watch this space :) Then onto the pail...
This is the March project in Sweetwater's Label Crew...a very sweet Easter pail with cute little labels and a fabric banner. Really...does it get any cuter? (well, yes, it does actually...next month's project is an apron that is TO DIE FOR!) Linda, Tracey and I had a very late night on Friday night...chatting, drinking champagne, eating yummy food, sharing problems...and even doing a bit of sewing :) and this is what I made.


I sat my little pail on the edge of our outdoor fish pond to take a photo, and was instantly mobbed by our fish. Now...as pets go, fish are usually fairly boring...yeah? Not our fish! The big white one you see is Boggle, and he has such a personality! All the smaller fish follow him around like adoring fans...he swims out of the water over the pipework in the pond, he beaches himself onto the pot plants in the water on occasion (particularly when the water level has dropped) , and comes up to us regularly for a pat. Seriously...he is one very entertaining fish.


Lots of other bits and pieces happening around here, but that's probably enough random for one blog post :)


TTFN xxx


9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Maree has been working on her blue birds quilt.........nice pail and yes fish can be fun........i love watching them.........

Tracey Holdyk said...

Thanks for such a fun, Oh so much fun on Friday night. It was nice to laugh and laugh and laugh. Can't wait for our next project, that so cute, did I mention cute apron. Ooooooo I am so excited.
Love me :-)

Nicky said...

Looking great, love the Bluebird block. That Easter bucket is so cute, the little bunting is awesome.

Tracey said...

How cool is your pale. Just wondering what plans you have for it? Its just fabulous!

Linda said...

Oh clever girl, your bluebirds look perfect and your pail is way to cute. Thanks for such a fun night i am of to have another George.
xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

This is my favourite Bluebird block so far - can't wait to see it all assembled.

Your little pail is very sweet. Love the bunting:)

Jill said...

Your blue bird quilt is gorgeous!! So pretty! Lovelovelove bluebirds!

Okay, I'm totally lovin' how your pail turned out! Lisa and I have joined LabelCrew, thanks to you girls-down-under! We're getting together tomorrow after work to work on our pails. I'm very excited, but very nervous because my sewing skills are soooo rusty! Maybe I'll need a glass of champagne...

Hugs,
Jill

Jenni said...

Those Easter pails are gorgeous. I keep stalling on the fabric LabelCrew project thingy.....I must do it!!!!

Hope said...

Well done for getting those stars out and getting them right. Looking good!

The pail is so cute with that banner around it.

And your fish sounds fantastic! Quite a character.