Friday, March 18, 2011

Love, friendship, birds and peace :)

The first months stitching and piecing on my Tis The Season wallhanging is done! After playing around with variegated thread and various fabrics, I settled on this...

Pink stitching with DMC 604 on the blocks with red inner borders...

...and red stitching with DMC 816 on the blocks with pink inner borders.

I haven't washed the markings out of these yet, but I just couldn't wait to show you! Loving the pink/red combination, and polkadots always make me happy :)
Happy Friday!
TTFN xxx


9 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

You just have to bring these next friday, I can't wait to see them. Sorry I haven't commented for a while but our computer has been a bit off lately.
Love me :-)

Lisa said...

Wow Suzi, these look great so far! This quilt will be a treasure when it's all done, I love it!

Nicky said...

Lovely - your colour choices are stunning - love that Sweet Broderie!

K-Sue said...

I really like the bird design - cute!

Jill said...

You always choose the greatest fabrics~ I love those polka dots! That is going to be a darling quilt!
Hugs,
Jill

Linda said...

MMMMM very nice Susan, love how you have mixed in the pink, what happened to the varigated thread did it not look good. You must bring these to show and tell, we will have so much to see that there wont be much time for sewing.
xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice blocks..........lovely fabrics.........

Tracey said...

Your fabric colours are beautiful.
I love what you do!

Hope said...

Very pretty colour choice indeed.