Monday, July 9, 2012

Afternoon tea at the Cottage

There is nothing more pleasant than spending a sunny Sunday afternoon in the Swan Valley. I sometimes forget what a beautiful place it is...the wineries, the roadside produce stalls, the Margaret River Chocolate Factory...it is a food lovers paradise.

Discovering new favourite places to eat is almost guaranteed with every visit, and last Sunday was no exception :)

 I was invited to celebrate my dear friend Janelles' birthday with High Tea at The Cottage Tea Rooms, a quaint little house filled with  treasures, and atmosphere in abundance.

The gift giving was followed by bottomless cups of tea with fresh scones and homemade jam (yum!)...



...and then the 3 tiered trays arrived! Cucumber sandwiches, tiny carrot cakes, lemon meringue tarts, choc dipped strawberries, individually wrapped chocolates, macaroons....mmmmmmmmmmm....

 ...which were accompanied by trays of miniature hot pastries...OH MY GOODNESS! Tiny sausage rolls and mini quiches...so glad I didn't eat lunch before I went :) What a delightful way to spend a winters afternoon!

The card I made for Janelle was quite simple in design...

...but the colours were divine!

Thanks so much for a gorgeous afternoon girls...count me in for the next one!

TTFN xxx

2 comments:

Hope said...

It looks and sounds absolutely wonderful.

Your card is GORGEOUS. What is that spotty paper?

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

can I come too??