Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another day, another card...and a start on December Daily

Do you find that it's easier to create when your desk is clean? Or when your desk is a mess?


 Me? I can go either way :) At the moment my workspace is trashed, but rather than clean it up I made another card instead, using some of the materials that were cluttering it up...like the Studio Calico card kit and the Amy Tangerine rosettes I used for yesterdays card. This time I added some Liquid Pearls to highlight the pattern in the background paper, and attached the "thank you" button from the kit on top of the rosette. Stitching around the outside seemed like a natural thing to do ;)

I also made a start on December Daily...

                                     

...and am feeling very thankful for simplicity right about now. Printing out a single 4x6 photo for each day is making the process nice and quick. I stuck the photo on, embellished a little with stamps and washi tape, and wrote my journaling straight on...too easy :)

Same formula for Day 2...

...this time recording my newest Christmas obsession, Jim Shore Santas. I numbered each Santa in the photo, and documented where they came from in my journaling.

Doing December Daily alongside Project Life is quite different...I'm feeling a lot less pressure to record every Christmas detail in DD, as anything I miss I can put in Project Life. I think a year of taking lots and lots of photos is also paying off...it's become an automatic response to pick up my camera and record the details.

So far, so good ...how are you doing?

TTFN xxx

5 comments:

Linda said...

Yay your DD looks good great photo of the kids.i am enjoying my JYC but too lazy to pst.
Xx

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

I love a clean tidy workspace ,sadly it Dosnt stay that way for long.....I can work in a mess LOL ,case of having to.
Your cards are lovely as usual.Laura xx

Hope said...

A clean desk is definitely easier, but I'm also happy to make a little bit of space on a messy desk and craft away if an idea hits.

Your Santas are gorgeous. Log Cabin Santa is so cute and tiny compared with the others. :) Keep up the DD blogging please, I can feel my Christmas spirit start to take hold seeing your pages. :)

alexa said...

I love your dotted blue background for your DD pages :). I like my desk to be very tidy, otherwise I just feel in a muddle!

Nicky said...

LOL there is only one option there, my sewing table is always a mess!
Your Santa collection is beautiful, what a neat way to showcase them all.