Sunday, December 2, 2012

One very special gift.

Amidst the craziness of the past week or so , I haven't had a chance to show you a very very special something that arrived, very much by surprise, in my mailbox from my dear friend Hope. How my heart leapt when I opened my package! Look what was inside!


Hope was a bit sneaky about this gorgeous little quilt :) I knew she was making teeny tiny little Farmers Wife blocks, based on the book that we are both working our way through. These blocks are so miniature...the finished size of each block is 4cm square...and they are ridiculously cute. Hope is using Rose Parade fabrics like me, but pairing them with black dots (LOVE!) and other bright prints.

 I also knew that she was making this miniature quilt as a gift for someone, and I had expressed my surprise that she could bear to part with such a gorgeous creation...I know I couldn't :) She even showed me a sneaky peek on Instagram, but wouldn't show me more until the recipient had received her parcel...no matter how much I begged :)


Imagine my delight when I spied a photo on Instagram of the parcel tracking, showing that the parcel had arrived in...Western Australia,(!!!)  and the caption below advising that it was headed to...ME!!! SQUEAL!

I couldn't wait to get home and open my gorgeous little mini....which was waiting for me in my mailbox!  It is quite simply, the most beautiful, meticulously pieced, precious little 8 inches square that I have ever seen. I have since spent literally hours, marvelling at the workmanship of this lovely little piece which we have dubbed "Liquorice Allsorts" for it's black middle, lolly colours and striped binding :)

If you'd like to see more details about the construction, visit Hope's lovely blog here.

Words can't describe how grateful I am, both for my lovely gift and my even more lovely friend.

The sincere friends of this world are as ship lights in the stormiest of nights.
Giotto di Bondone

TTFN xxx

6 comments:

dawn said...

aawww this is the cutest thing ever!! I LOVE LOVE how small and cute this is!!

GREAT JOB HOPE, LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!

How thoughtful of her to surprise you with this and I would be looking at it all day too. SOOOO CUTE!!

This quote is a good one, hadn't heard it before but I feel the same way. It's amazing how many wonderful people I've found in this blog world, including YOU!!

OH NO!! You deleted the pictures of the big fall. I couldn't believe it when he fell, showed my hubby the pictures and he was surpriesed how high he could climb. HOpe he is doing better and getting around ok.
The PL colors and pictures look great as always.
Enjoy this first week of December, I'm soooo loving my December Daily!!

Linda said...

Your very spoilt, lucky you, can't wait to see it close up.

Hope said...

Thank you Dawn :)

Hope said...

Aw, I smiled all the way through reading this, so happy. Thank you xx

Sheryl said...

What a gorgeous gift!.... I love it! such a precious little cutie... you lucky girl!! :)

Nicky said...

That is the most darling little quilt, and it is so 'you'. Hope's work is beautiful, and so very kind too!