Monday, May 27, 2013

Sunday Cards - a tick off the list!

Creating cards has become a family affair around here lately. My girls are really enjoying having a stash of hand made cards to give to their friends, and I am loving that some of my supplies are being used!

We were planning to go to the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair on Sunday, but unfortunately none of us were feeling very well (struck down with the flu!) so we decided to make some cards instead. The girls love stamping images onto plain cardstock, and have recently discovered the joy of stamping multiple colours on the one image, using markers. Their colouring is pretty awesome!


Sometimes they make their own cards...and sometimes I steal their stamped images to make cards for my own stash :) Lydia stamped a little line-up of owls in rainbow colours, and I couldn't resist using them to make a simple birthday card. I punched the image to create a circle, drew a border and matched the colours to my strip of patterned paper. I used my new Chevron embossing folder to add some interest underneath the owls, and finished it off with a birthday greeting.

 For the card below, I coloured the stamp using markers in various colours,  changing the colours across the face of the stamp.


I then matched the colours of the stamped image to rolls of washi tape, and adhered the tape in strips to a piece of plain cardstock...so quick and easy, but SO effective!

Riley was watching me do this, and decided to make his own version :) He chose the washi tape colours, and I made the card.

This time I framed  the washi taped cardstock with a black border, and stamped HAPPY BIRTHDAY across the bottom, using the same colours as the washi tape that he'd chosen. I really love the way this one turned out! Riley tells me I need more washi tape...he could be right!

I made a few more cards, but they are yet to be given out so I had better not spoil the surprise :)


TTFN xxx

3 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

The cards are lovely,I suppose you need to know when my birthday is now.....xx

Hope said...

LOVE all the colour, such awesome cards. I think I need to expand my washi tape collection... I still only have the two you gave me :)

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW, these are so great and fun and colorful!! I love that the kids helped you, even Riley!! They all came out wonderful!

Sorry you were all under the weather, hope everyone is feeling healthy now.

I love that you have your check off list here on the blog. Just seeing yours is inspiring me to give this a try.

Have a great week!