Saturday, February 26, 2011

Project Birthday Bag...with a twist!

The February project from the Sweetwater Label Crew is a gorgeous birthday bag, complete with cute pattern and personalised labels...as usual :) Did I mention how much I'm loving Sweetwater lately?

Anyhow, I stalked the postie for a couple of weeks, waiting very patiently for my labels to arrive, knowing that both Tracey and Linda already had theirs, and that we were getting together last night to make the project...but to no avail. It seems that mine may have gone astray for now :(

So I had to get creative...

With no birthday labels...and no idea what colour they were anyway...I raided my label stash for some Christmas ones!

I had a couple of squares of Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas leftover from the tablerunner that we made last year, and found the cute polkadot fabrics at Spotlight...and voila! I have a cute little Christmas bag ready for gift giving in December. How cool would it be to have a whole stash of handmade pressies ready for Christmas this year? Just thinkin' :)
Hope you are managing to stay cool...Perth is in the middle of a heat wave!
TTFN xxx

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a festive gift bag!! You are going to be so organised this year Susan. Hope your birthday labels arrive soon.

Stay cool!

Linda said...

Got my dots from Spotlight this arvo, yours looks so good.
xx

Scrummy Scrapz aka Lizzie said...

Super festive gift bag and do love the label - give Perth my love!

Tracey Holdyk said...

Thanks for a great crafty sewing night on Friday, it was so good to catch up and chat. Loving the bag too in Christmas which I am going to copy by the way.
Exactamoondo!!!!
Love me :-)

Jenni said...

hmmmm...must get me some of those labels

Janellybelly said...

Love it, its going to be hard to part with! Keep Cool xx