Sunday, June 12, 2011

Persistence.

So...sometimes it isn't love at first sight :)

Sometimes you have to work through those initial feelings of blah when you first see the big picture...and go for cute touches that will (hopefully) inspire feelings of love.

Touches like cute silver earrings...




...and whole turkey complete with leg :) , and cute little girls with pigtails...




...and satin-stitched cherries atop giant-sized cakes.



And slowly...after many stitches...that little seed of love might start to sprout :)



If you have no idea what I am babbling on about...scroll down a few posts and all will be explained :)


And if you commented on that particular post...


THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT!


TTFN xxx

9 comments:

Deb said...

Suzie, it is looking great now. Its hard work when you find yourself lacking enthusiasm and really want to keep going on a project. Loving the progress.

Tracey Holdyk said...

Oh I am so glad that you found the love.
I'm back and so glad that you are back into the quilt.
love me :-)

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love love love it! Your stitches are so perfect. Looks great.

Jan Quigley said...

It's looking fabulous!!! I so want to start mine but I have gifts to make for 4 birthdays before I can!!

Nicky said...

Fabulous that you've come back to it! I love this block, it is a real sweetie, so pretty in these fabrics too.

Linda said...

looking good Susan, glad you have found the love...

Jill said...

Oh Susan, I'm so glad you are starting to fall in love with this project! I knew you could! It was love at first sight for me- I love every sweet detail!! Your stitching is so beautiful.

Hugs,
Jill

Cardygirl said...

It just looks fabulous! Every stitch is priceless.

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous!!! Such a lot of work in this block and it looks great!
You have inspired me to pull my family gathering out and continue on it :)