Sunday, March 10, 2013

The 12 Months Of Christmas...checking in ;)

It occurred to me today that, with all the excitement around here lately, I forgot to check in with my 12 Months Of Christmas progress for February...sorry about that!

So, how did you go for February? Did you manage to tick anything off your Christmas 2013 list? Or maybe moved a little closer with some of your Christmas crafty goals?

I did the latter...just moved a little closer to a Christmas finish :)

My Christmas Tree Skirt has quite a lot of stitching to get through, and I didn't really expect to get it finished in February...it's a bit more of a long term project :) Besides, that's why we scheduled in catchup months, right?


I also have a decision to make on the finished shape, and how much more applique I'm going to add. In the meantime, I'll keep pondering and blanket stitching and pondering a little more  :)

Our project for March is a Christmas tablerunner, and turned out to be the perfect excuse for me to stock up on some new Christmas fabric (like I need an excuse LOL)...

 ...Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas is a gorgeous combination of red, grey, turquoise and green, and has lots of cute small scale prints. At this stage, I'm leaning towards using this pattern by Janelle Wind...                                           


...the colourful version on the right, NOT the embroidery-laden one on the left ;) Tracey, Linda and I have planned a catchup on the Easter long weekend to make a start...perhaps you might like to join in too?

Please leave me a comment if you have some 12 Months of Christmas show-and-tell...I'd love to take a peek!

Have a wonderful week

TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Hope said...

Mmm... Zigzags are fun! My latest table runner has them.

Still no Christmas progress from me... Slack. ;)

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Any excuse for retail therapy :o) I like the looks of Janelle's pattern, great choice. hugs

Radka said...

I like your applique project looks nice :-)

dawn said...

I just love all your ideas and the beautiful fabric for the projects!! Can't wait to see them when their done!!

Still need to do more, so far just my gold ornaments are done.

Thanks for reminding me and inspiring with this beautiful post! HAVE FUN!