Monday, March 11, 2013

When hoarding pays off :)

Truth be told, when it comes to scrapbooking supplies, I'm a bit of a hoarder :)

I still have papers and embellishments from when I first started scrapbooking...you just never know when you may need them (mostly, I forget about them and they don't see the light of day for years on end!)

HOWEVER...today was different.

 I was doing some blog hopping this morning when I came across an idea from Stephanie Howell ..she covered a chipboard heart with washi tape,  trimmed it to shape, and used it on a layout...very cool. I taught this technique a few years ago using ribbon, which got a bit messy, and some of the ribbons were a bit prone to fraying. But washi tape? Perfect!


I remembered a Making Memories chipboard word that I'd been hoarding for years, and thought how great it would look covered in polkadot washi tape. It took me a while to locate it, BUT I have to say...it looks sorta awesome with the polkadot treatment ;) Any messy ends can be easily tucked behind the chipboard, and trimming with a craft knife was super easy!


I ended up cutting the chipboard horizontally right through the middle to balance the layout, and added a few brads from My Minds Eye My Girl collection in the top left corner. Other than that I kept it pretty simple, and let the photos and the polkadots take centre stage :)

While searching through my...ahem...older pieces, I found a few other treasures that may be given a new lease of life too....could this hoarding habit of mine be finally paying off? ;)

TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Hope said...

Oh wow! So bold and awesome! Love the polkadot washi treatment, looks fantastic. Such lovely journaling too, and happy, happy photos. Beautiful!

Helen said...

Love the colours ,the layout, the effect is terrific !!!!!!!!!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely layout,got to love spots.xx

dawn said...

WOW WOW WOW, this is soooo awesome and amazing!! I love that you used your washi tape and big letters this way too!! I bet she loved this page! Good thing you hoard some things, can't wait to see what else you make.

I have some papers and things from my beginnings of scrapping too. Think all of us scrappers do that, haha we could open up our own stores!!