Friday, November 12, 2010

Garden Show, Vignette and coming soon!

Friday again...sigh. The weeks are zipping by in a blur of activities and events, and I'm starting to wonder how I'm ever going to fit Christmas in! Do you get that feeling sometimes? The end-of-year flurry has well and truly begun...and my thoughts of hand-made gifts under the Christmas tree seem to be disappearing as quickly as the weeks :(

One thing I can tick off my to-do list is this...

...the final block of stitching on my Gardeners Journal quilt! This one has a lot of stitches in it, but would have to be my favourite block of all. For a while back at the beginning, I was wishing that I had done the stitcheries all in red...but picking colours for these girls made me smile the whole time I was stitching! The ginger-haired girl reminds me so much of one of my childhood friends...I thought of her the entire time :)

This is the completed Block I, which is officially due to be completed in November. Now all that's left is to add the borders... since I couldn't resist stitching all the blocks together this morning...and the quilting and binding. I've managed to source my border fabric (thanks to you guys for your help!) so when it gets here I'll show you the completed quilt top...wooohooo!
I'm going to miss stitching this quilt, but my next project may just have arrived in my letterbox this week....

...or maybe I'll work on those Christmas gifts...and Christmas cards....and December Daily album...love to keep my hands busy!
I hope you can pop back here tomorrow...the lovely and ever-persuasive Chookyblue has planned a little online show-and-tell event...


...hope to see you then!
TTFN xxx
P.S. A special thank you for all your comments and well wishes on my last blog post...you guys are the best!



7 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a fun block - how exciting that this project is nearly completion. Can't wait to see it in person:)

I have been seeing Vignette pop up around the traps lately. It looks lovely - can't wait to see more.

Jill said...

That block is soooo cute! I love the colors that you chose. I am so excited to see this quilt with the border. So cute!
Hugs,
Jill

Tracey Holdyk said...

Oh Susan I so love this quilt and can't wait to see it. Looking forward to catching up tomorrow.
Love me :-)
Any new craft books.... please bring along.
love me :-)

Linda said...

Oh yes i love the three ladies.
see you tomorrow with all of your goodies.

Chookyblue...... said...

I am not sure how I will get to Christmas.........seems to be so much I need to fit in between now and mid Dec........
nice GJ block......I like the girls too.........
can't wait to see all your cross stitch show and tell

Merci-Notes said...

LOve your project and whomever gets this is one LUCKY person!

becky said...

I luv your color choices for the GJ project! Would you think it a compliment if I asked your color choice for your thread? I am getting ready to start mine and I luv the brightness of your color choices!

sunnybinaz@hotmail.com