Sunday, November 21, 2010

A start...and a compromise :)

Quite by surprise, I had the urge to play with paper last night (shock! horror!) so I made a little start on my December Daily album...


I always find that the hardest part of making a mini-album is making a start...so many decisions to make! What size should I make it? What colours? What embellishments to carry through the album to tie it all together? Now that these decisions are made, hopefully it will all come together quite quickly. The cover paper is Prima, with embellishments from Everybody Loves Christmas by Echo Park. The "christmas" is actually from the cover of the paper pack...it was the perfect size!

I made the banner using a Stampin' Up stamp (Party this Way), and the shapes were cut by my friend Lisa using her Cricut, then threaded with yellow Divine Twine. The cover is very very bright...but very very me :)

And the compromise? Well, I decided to put off my Christmas decorating until next weekend...I like to decorate on December 1st, but my DH won't be home on that date....but the kids are not hindered by any such tradition...

...they've made a start! I picked up some cute little trees from Spotlight a few weeks ago for the kids bedrooms....they've wanted their own tree for ages, and at $2.50 each, I couldn't resist! It's nearly December, right?

Have a wonderful Sunday!

TTFN xxx

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love those mini trees - how fun for the kids to make their rooms more festive!!

Your Album cover is merry and bright - love it!

Linda said...

Cant wait to see some more of your dd and look at the concentration on Merryn's face. Just gorgeous.

Tracey said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the DD daily finished too.......Love the bright colours!

Tracey Holdyk said...

Loving the banner (you know how i love banners) trying to fit one in my DD.
Table runner going okay but slowly.
love me :-)

Cardygirl said...

Great work. so pretty. Can you email me so I can send you a message back please????

K-Sue said...

Cute! 2 Januarys (Januaries?) ago we picked up a 4-foot white tree at Walmart for about $3. It goes in my daughter's room, and is more fun to decorate than the big tree. Of course, she wants to do it all herself, and my fingers just itch to get involved.