Monday, January 31, 2011

They say bad luck runs in threes...

...but I stopped counting when the threes started multiplying! LOL

We've had a week of breakdowns around here... the computer, the dishwasher, the car, the pool, the alarm system...and the list goes on. In between organising repairs I've managed to do a bit of scrapping...

I broke my own rule, and re-scrapped this photo from Riley's album...actually removed it from the original page and all (my computer wasn't working, remember?) Riley's baby album is full of photos, but not a lot of detail and journaling. I'm hoping to work on that this year :)

These papers are Creative Imaginations Baby Boy Collection, available at Tomorrows Memories. I've hand cut the image from one of the papers and mounted it over my photo a little. The "My Little One" journal card in the top right is also from the collection...such a gorgeous baby boy range! TMs can also help you out with ribbon, AC Thickers and all the other bits and pieces I've used.
A little more of the Creative Imaginations goodness...

...more of the yummy paper, and another piece from the journal card sheet of paper. The journaling is about how Riley became Riley, not Samuel as originally planned. This is a photo that I have scrapped before too...only in colour, smaller, and with no journaling.


Again, all supplies are available from Tomorrows Memories, and you can check out these pages while you're there if you like ;)
I've been battling the book coverings too....

...ready for the kids' first day back on Wednesday. We'll all be a bit sad to see the end of the holidays...no more sleep-ins for us! I'm anticipating a very productive year, judging by the amount of stationery I've labelled in the last week :)
And finally, some baking...

I was lucky enough to receive some beautiful new cookbooks for Christmas, and am determined to put them to use this year. I started with some white chocolate and fresh blueberry muffins, and they were DIVINE! Must bake them again :)
Hope you are having a wonderful Monday
TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Linda said...

OMG a huge post, i can relate to all of the breaking down thingys as our dishwasher died as well among other things. The LO's are gorgeous. I so cant see the Riley i know in that first LO but then again i am never good at that. Wish the kids good luck for me on Wednesday especially Riley.
xx

Tracey Holdyk said...

Hey great to have you back in blog land. You can bake those yummy things for me anytime. I have just finished the last of the school labelling... thank god.
Hope to catchup soon.
love me :-)

Jill said...

Susan, you amaze me. Your pages are so beautiful. Such a lovely way tell your child's story. So priceless.

Hugs,
Jill

K-Sue said...

I just think everything should keep on working forever. I don't want any new appliances or cars - just the old ones still truckin along.

Why do we think once something is in the scrapbook we should not ever redo or improve it? These new pages are very sweet. It makes me think that when I see a page that just never did really work, I should not be afraid to just pull it apart and start over.