Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A thank you...and cards for July.

First of all, I must say a huge thank you to everyone who has emailed, texted, and sent messages on the passing of our precious little dog, Clancy. Your kind words have really touched my heart.


In trying to get back to some sort of normal around here, I have a few cards to share that I made a while ago.

This one was for my niece who celebrated her 13th birthday in June. I simply used washi tape to create a background, added a stamped heart on top, and decorated with enamel dots...love those things!

This one is for my baby girl who turned 9 on the weekend (where did THAT time go?) Of course I left it until the very last minute, so kept it simple :) Some stitching, a few elements stickers from the Sweet Girl collection by Echo Park, some bling...and it was done!

I have pretty much fallen in love with the Sweet Pea collection by Kaisercraft, and couldn't resist adding this polkadot deer journal card to a card. I added a pearl necklace (LOL) and some wood veneer alphas, as well as a little stitching. This card reminds me of one of my favourite shops, Typo...it has that retro kitsch vibe about it ;)

You can only have a peek of this one...it hasn't been given to it's intended recipient yet ;)

And just so you know I'm on track...

...this is my stack of Christmas cards that I've created for our 12 Months Of Christmas project for July! I know...WAY too organised!

Thanks for bearing with the small print on this blog post. Unfortunately, my blog has decided to play up again and I can't add text in between photos....just a little frustrating!

TTFN xxx

5 comments:

Noela said...

Lovely cards. I must have missed the post about your pup, so sorry to read about it. Having lost several dogs and cats over my lifetime, I know how much a part of your life they become and the loss felt when they go. My heart goes out to you. Hugs.....

Hope said...

Oh my goodness, that is a huge pile of Christmas cards! Well done you - just don't forget you've made them when it comes to the time you'd normally start making your Christmas cards ;)

The other cards you've shown are lovely, and I agree with you about the Typo feel to the polkadot deer one - love it!

x x x

Helen said...

So sorry to hear about Clancy I must have missed your post.i know what it is like to loose a loved pet. Your cards are beautiful !

Anthea said...

Stop being so organised Suzi!! The card pile looks gorgeous, you style your pics so beautifully...
So sorry to read that Clancy is now in Doggy Heaven, I know he was such a treasured & precious member of your family, big hugs to you all x

dawn said...

I'm sorry about your sweet dog, he was lucky to have all of you. HUGS!

These cards are so pretty, like the way you snuck some red/white polka dots in there.

What a nice pile of Christmas cards, reminds me I better get started on mine. So cool that you are getting things ready earlier this year, I must do this too!!

Take care dear friend, one day at a time and be kind to yourself right now.