Saturday, July 27, 2013

Outnumbered ;)

I had an unexpected chunk of free time this morning...such a rare occurrence around here! The weather was wild and crazy, (which resulted in netballl being cancelled), the kids all had a sleep in (except the eldest who had work) and I had nothing planned...and a stack of pretty new paper to play with.


You may not know this, but I like to buy paper ;) I buy more paper than I could ever hope to use, but ohhhhh dear, how I love pretty paper!  And today, I actually decided to use some of it to scrapbook a page. I know, right?

The collection that took my fancy is Sweet Pea by Kaisercraft...not a company I usually go for, but there's something about these papers that I really like.

 I backed the owl paper with a sheet of polkadot from my stash and stitched it in place with my sewing machine. The wood veneer shapes and numbers are by Studio Calico...and could be the start of a new addiction ;)

I punched the banner pieces  from a sheet of paper from the collection called Foxy, stitched them in place and secured them with enamel dots. The alphas were cut using my Cuttlebug (numbered) and some very old letter stickers (out).

Loving Sweet Pea...might just have to make another layout soon!

TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Hope said...

Wow! It looks wonderful! That is such a nice photo, it makes m smile :)

I have a 'thing' for 6x6" paper pads, but am very good at resisting. My trouble is that I don't want to 'use them up' so I end up with lots of unused paper.

dawn said...

I LOVE THIS SUSAN!! How cute this picture is, how sweet Riley let the girls do this!! LOVE the papers you used, lots of pretty patterns.

Funny, I was thinking of you having more girls like I do and how it is in your family. Looks like Riley does pretty well with it.
You should frame this or get a wallet size just for you, TOO CUTE!

Nicky said...

Beautiful page Susan, gorgeous prints, and the bunting and owl are adorable. Kids are sweet too...