Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Everyday stuff.

This week has been all about everyday stuff. Mummy stuff. Driving-kids-where-they-need-to-be stuff. Days that come to an end, and you question what you have actually achieved. Do you have weeks like that?

To preserve my sanity, I stopped everything and scrapped today, and this is what I made ...

I made it as part of my May challenge on the Scrapsidaisy forum...to scrap a page that tells the reader something that they don't know about you. I've had this journaling jotted down for a while, so decided to get it onto a page. It's about how I get a bit blues-y on the days that my hubby flies out (he works away), and how I've learned over the years to just accept that as the "norm" and know that it will get better. Probably a bit heavy, but hey, that's the way it is.

I've used paper from Cosmo Cricket Little Boys Biography Collection, which I've had sitting at the front of my stash for, oh, probably two years now. Love it, just couldn't bring myself to use it. If you look closely, one of the papers has little planes on it, which is what pushed me to cut into it. For the record, I also have the Little Girls Collection :)

The clouds are hand drawn, then cut out and raised on foam tape. The black plane is cut on the MM Slice, and the stamp around the outside edges is Love Elsie. I even pulled out the old MM Heidi rubons, which I used on almost every LO a few years back. A true classic.

Lydia and I are planning to go to the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair later in the week...her very first craft fair (well, that she has actually wanted to go to, anyway)...anyone else going? We are starting to get a little excited :)

TTFN xxx

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Suzi this page is freakin awesome love it, I love the design. I may even scrap lift it ;) thanks for the inspiration!!!

Chris Millar said...

I love this page Suzi! How cool are those clouds - the whole thing is fab!!

Linda said...

Well done you for scrapping something so meaningful to you. the Lo is really great and I see that you used your slice :)
Lydia will love the craft show.
xx

Janellybelly said...

Reading this post, & looking at the gorgeous layout, reminded me of the song 'Her Diamonds' by Rob Thomas - go Google the words (it makes me cry when I hear it on the radio).
Email me if you want to catch up at the Craft Fair :)
Love Janelle xx

Diana said...

Hi,

I added your blog to a new sewing blog directory http://welovetosew.blogspot.com/ that sort blogs by freshness. The blogs with new posts are always moved up to the top. Please check it out and recommend it to your sewing blogger friends!

Thank you!

Regards
Diana