Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Partners in Crime

In a flurry of pink, purple and yellow :) here is my latest page...


These gorgeous papers are Dancing Girl by Fancy Pants, and their colours are delicious and very very girly. I've used Ballet and Tutu, as well as one of the coordinating journaling cards.

A layout about me, my girl and a craft fair had to include some fabric and buttons :) I've cut a long strip of fabric and "hemmed" it using two strips of tape on the back. I then laid two strips of tape on my LO where I wanted the fabric, but removed the tape backing gradually, ruching the fabric strip as I went...very easy to do, and I love the texture of it.

I then laid the pink trim across the top, anchored it with tape on the back of the LO, and then used a needle and thread to secure the buttons at intervals down the strip. The alphas are American Crafts Thickers, and are the most beautiful shade of yellow! All of these goodies are available at Tomorrows Memories in Bassendean...have you been in there lately? It's choc-a -block with yummy new goodies :)
TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Linda said...

There you go a girly LO you haven't posted one for a whilst apart from the wedding ones.I lov the idea of the different textures.
Only 3 days left
xx

~KRISTY~ said...

WOW SUZI, LOVE THIS PAGE...(as always) LOVE THE STORY, THE JOURNALING AND ALL THE GREAT COLOURS YOU HAVE USED!

Hope said...

Love what you've done with the fabric - great idea!