Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas preparations are in full swing!

And how could they not be, when I am reminded every single morning just how few days it is until Santa comes? These chocolate advent calendars can be very unsettling for a Mum who is NOT a morning person :)

With the kids into their final few days of school, I have been working super fast to get organised. I finally sent out my Christmas newsletters yesterday, and they looked like this...

Little Christmas trees cut with my Slice, from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses papers, topped with a little bling. The middle tree is Bazzill Swiss Dots, highlighted with Kindyglitz for a little extra Christmas sparkle :)

These are actually folders rather than cards, and when opened out look like this...

...with a family newsletter, for friends that may not be up with all our happenings throughout the year. Not sure what I was thinking with all the hot pink (even the staples are hot pink!) but they are done. And posted in their hot pink envelopes. Phew.
Class parties have been going on all week, and the "snowmen cupcakes" issue was raised again! I really don't know why I racked my brain to come up with ideas...


...as Merryn had a picture in HER head of what they were going to look like, LOL, and would not be swayed. So here we have snowmen cupcakes, decorated with care by Merryn.



Not quite what I had in mind, but she was very happy with the finished result (which is really all that matters, right?)
I couldn't resist making these little puddings again this year...


...so easy, and so so cute! Riley took them to his class today. Lydia had to bring a savoury plate (which is not nearly so much fun!) and requested Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls...no photo, because they are pretty unexciting and un-Christmassy!
And then there were these...


...rum balls. I have been making these by the dozen for teachers gifts...not just current teachers, but also the teachers from the kids other school that they left in Term 3 this year. I must be seriously crazy.
Hopefully that is IT from the kitchen for a little while...back to my very neglected December Daily album soon :)
TTFN xxx





1 comment:

Kris said...

I love all your christmas cooking ideas.. might have to steal a couple.. ha ha. Tell Merryn I think her Snowmen look fantatstic!