Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm not your average girl!

I've been playing around with buterflies today...they seem to be everywhere at the moment, don't they? I'm particularly loving the Jenni Bowlin butterfly embellishments, and the Flutter range by Making Memories...lots of yummy butterfly goodness! For this LO though, I made my own :)

I cut and embossed the big pink butterflies with my Cuttlebug, the green ones are Making Memories Slice Glitter paper (and by coincidence, cut with my Slice) and the small ones are a tiny punch.

This flower is a new Prima with some bling in the centre, mounted on a stitched diecut...lots of stitching on this layout.

The papers are Pretty Please by My Minds Eye, and the word strip is Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket. (what? no Basic Grey? LOL) I love the challenge of mixing collections...old and new from different manufacturers...it takes a bit more time, and makes a LOT more mess, but is lots of fun!
These are some cards I've made recently...

One for my very clever nephew...he's the captain of his school this year! (yep, very proud aunty here).

This one for my neice, who took out a major dancing award...

...American Crafts papers are so nice and bright!
I copied the design to create a birthday card for a male relative who celebrated yesterday(because I find male cards really hard!)




..and this one is for my gorgeous sister who is celebrating her birthday today. (I photographed it before I posted her gift last week hee hee)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEISA!
Thank you to everyone for your comments about "the paint incident" in my last post. I may have recovered enough to attempt a LO using the splodgy papers....or maybe not :)
TTFN xxx


4 comments:

Linda said...

OMG you have been busy. That is SO my favourite photo of Lydia. Love the Lo and the cards are great as well.
xx

Jenni said...

Lovely photo!!

Leisa@Scrapsidaisy said...

Thanks Susan - we all LOVED our cards! Gorgeous layout and you are absolutely right Lydia is one in a million. x

Melissa Goodsell said...

Wow you've been creating so many beautiful things (sorry about the paint incident in the post below) - those butterflies are really pretty on that layout and the cards are beautiful too!