Monday, April 19, 2010

Freedom is a choice.

Another feat of miniature embroidery today for my 39 squares project...sometimes I really wonder what I'm thinking :)

This is a 2x1 inch square, so that my magic number of 38 squares (because that's how old I am...well today, anyway LOL) is achieved on my sampler. This block holds lots of personal significance for me, but rather than bore you with the gruesome details, I'll tell you what I was thinking about as I was stitching...ok?

This square, with the barbed wire fence and the little calf, reminded me of a calf we used to have when I was growing up. He was such a mischievous boy...always in search of his freedom :) His name was Gordy, and unlike this calf, he was entirely red. He would escape the confines of our farm fences on a daily basis, and in the end my stepfather tied a piece of wire with a thin length of wood on it around his neck, so that he couldn't escape!

3 more squares left to stitch...I wonder if I'll make my deadline?

TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Nice. Hope you make the deadline...

Linda said...

Oh she is gorgeous Susan. Happy birthday to you, hope you had a nice day.
xx

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your little red and white cow is so fun!! Only 3 more to go? It goes fast, doesn't it? what are you going to work on after you are done?

Lisa said...

Moo, ooops, I meant "too" cute! I wouldn't be bored with knowing the meaning, sounds significant :o)

As always your stitches are impecable, and love the shiny barbed wire detail, nice touch!

Have a great day!