Saturday, May 8, 2010

Challenges, cards, pampering and bags!

Wow, lots to get through today!
Have you had a great week? Here is peek at what I've been up to :)

The new weekly challenge is up over at Scrapsidaisy, and this time Leah gave us a great multi-photo sketch to work with. This is my LO...


I reached into my stash of older Christmas papers for this one-Crate Paper Holly Collection from a few years back :)

This is a simple strip from a piece of the paper-I stitched some gathered ribbon onto each side, then added a touch of bling. The letters are my favourite Glass Slipper thickers...very sparkly and yummy!
There have been a couple of birthdays this week, which always means some card making (due to my depleted card stash LOL)
Boy cards are always tricky for me, so I used the wrapping paper for a bit of inspiration :)

I grabbed a few pieces of cardstock to match the colours of the paper, punched them with my favourite new loopy punch, then punched a few circles to echo the circles in the paper and added to the top....voila! A boy card!
Also celebrating this week was the lovely Lisa, whose card included some gorgeous ribbon and one of the lovely new Prima flowers...


...I was lucky enough to celebrate the occasion with her (and Janelly)with lunch, shopping and crafty chitchat! Happy Birthday for Thursday Lisa xxx
Being Mothers Day this weekend, Merryn's class invited all the Mums for a morning of pampering and spoiling...oh what fun! They had made us scones, gave us back and neck massages, made a necklace with us, and we even spent some time in the nail salon!


All was going well until she couldn't decide on a colour...I ended up with one hand green, and the other hot pink! Hmmmm....
What a delightful morning we spent together...we were presented with beautiful handmade gifts and a cuppa with muffins that the children had made. I love being a Mum!
You may recall a couple of weeks ago that Linda, Tracey and I were planning a bag making get-together...the much anticipated evening was last night! They arrived early, and were greeted with a bag of goodies to get them started...
(and how great is Linda looking BTW? This girl is a weight loss inspiration...and check out her new handmade scarf...wooohoooo!)
So, we got stuck into cutting out. Things were looking a bit grim when we stopped for our dinner...STILL not finished cutting out! It was looking like it was going to be a late night, as the girls had assured me (threatened me? LOL) that they were NOT leaving until their bags were completed!
We stitched and giggled and drank wine and ate chocolate (Tracey and I did, anyway) and stitched some more until it was time to "birth" our bags...

Oh the excitement! And the conversation that went with it! Oh my, what a fun evening we had.
Midnight came and went, 1am came and went, and finally the bags were done :) I had to laugh...the girls scurried to get their bags completed as it was getting so late, and then, like true scrapbookers, had a half hour photo shoot to capture the memories!



Three gorgeous bags almost completed (just a little hand stitching to go) and three very tired bagmakers today I'm guessing :)
WELL DONE GIRLS!!! Check out their blogs over the weekend...their bags turned out divine! I won't show you a close up of mine just yet...it's a gift for someone :)
And well done to you if you have made it this far...I had a lot of catching up to do, huh?
Have a fabulous weekend
TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Tracey Holdyk said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for one huge fun night. I am so thankful for your guidance and I just love my bag. It is just way too cute. Very tired today and can't wait till its time for a nanna nap.
Thanks heaps for a great night.
What are we doing next???
love me:-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks so much for making my birthday special Susan! Your bag making session looks very productive (sleep is over rated if there is sewing to be done!). You chose the perfect fabrics for yours.

Janellybelly said...

"Birth our Bag", I totally get that!
I love the Farmer's market/orange polka dot combo :)
It's always a joy to spend time with you xx

Linda said...

Lovely post Susan and thanks for the inspirational words although it doesn't look like ive lost 26kg's in that photo.
What fun we had last night, it was great to make a bag and great too catch up. I will take my gathering stitches out tonight if i can stay awake that long, boy we must be getting old. Think i need to make another bag now, just have to decide what colour.
xx