Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday challenge.

The new weekly challenge is up over at Scrapsidaisy, and this time it is to create a "heritage page". Design Team member Mel defined heritage as photos over 30 years old, and part of the challenge was to journal about the person/people in the photo. I don't know which is scarier...scrapping a heritage style page, or the realisation that I qualify as heritage LOL!!!

Here is what I came up with...

I don't have a lot of older photos, or childhood photos , and the quality of the ones I do have is very poor....but I soldiered on :)

I've chosen to blur my journaling...but I guess the title gives you a clue as to what it's all about...personal stuff.

I had to dig into my stash for some older papers...vintage really isn't my thing at the moment :) The floral paper is by Melissa Frances, Swiss Dots Bazzill, MM tiny alphas and fuzzy thickers...and I even Glimmermisted some Dusty Attic chipboard and Prima flowers. Talk about stepping outside my comfort zone!
It's my turn to set the challenge for next week...woohoooooo! Hope you will play along with me ;)
At the moment there's a special offer happening at Scrapsidaisy. Did you know that they have an online store that is chocka-block full of yummy new goodies? Making Memories Pitter Patter, Bo Bunny Sophie, Basic Grey Max and Whiskers just to name a few! Until the end of May if you spend $50 in the online store, you can get a massive $10 off if you enter the code "NewCust" at checkout...love a great offer!
It's Friday...hope you have a great weekend!
TTFN xxx


4 comments:

Linda said...

I think that we all classify as "heritage", does that sound better than vintage?
Yep you really stepped out of your comfort zone on this one-glimmermist and chipboard!Love the colours and did you have to tell me about another online shop!!!
xx

Janellybelly said...

Wow, what a beautiful LO - the title has left me a wee bit teary sweetie. Love ya xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is always fun to revisit old photos from your childhood - life was so much more uncomplicated then. I have been browsing over at Scrapsidaisy - so many lovely products!

Leisa@Scrapsidaisy said...

Yes let's not go there about who's in that photo..lol - very pretty layout and thanks so much for putting our store "out there". I think we have some lovely stock too!