Monday, May 24, 2010

Glimmermist: Fail

My son's favourite expression at the moment is "fail". If you are trying to do something, and it doesn't quite turn out the way you want it to...fail. If you kick your toe? Fail. If you crash out on MarioKart? Fail. If it's a BIG crash...epic fail. You get the idea?

Today I thought I'd have a play with Colour Palette number 7 from The Colour Room, which looks like this...


...nice colours, huh? I dug around in my stash and found lots of older papers and embellishments in the appropriate colours to use , which always makes me happy. I decided to do a double LO again, because I had lots of photos from this particular event...that was my first fail :)

It took a lot of shuffling of paper to get to the point where I was happy to stick down...time I really didn't plan to spend scrapbooking today.

Once it was all stuck down, I decided the background needed Glimmermisting...just for some added interest.



Look at the globs of glimmermist...you call that an epic fail. And once you've glimmermisted, and stuck down, there ain't no goin' back. And since the papers were from Basic Grey Mistletoe and Pear from a few Christmases ago, there was no replacing the background papers either. Sigh. Moving on.
Very excited to see this up for pre-order...


Janelle Wind's first book. If you read my blog every now and then, you'll know I love using her patterns...they are very easy to understand, and she has a very modern, funky style that I love. Go here if you want to preorder a copy...you can even have a signed copy if you order before the release date :)
TTFN xxx


5 comments:

Kris said...

Hey Susan..im sorry the glimmermist was not a success..i love the little butterflies if that makes you feel better!..lol
At least you attempted it.. i have not tried it!!

Linda said...

ooo yes preshus, i suppose thats the end of glimmermist for you. Have you preorderd the book, i bet you have.
I am off to play with some goodies that arrived today.
nite nite
xx

Tracey Holdyk said...

Hey girl, don't get too hung up on it. I still like the layout and at the end of the day you told a story and thats whats important. And you tried it, so give yourself a pat on the back.
Got my new book today wahoooo soooooo excited.
I am with kris, love those butterflies.
love me :-)

Leisa@Scrapsidaisy said...

Susan it looks absolutely fine - there's many many ways to get different effects with Glimmermist - it doesn't always just have to be a fine mist and overall what you did looks quite balanced to me!
Ooo I think I would like that book too!

K-Sue said...

I think it looks OK in the pictures. Maybe in real life it's more globby, but I kind of like the speckled look.