Friday, November 14, 2008

This post comes with a warning...

WARNING: IF YOU USUALLY RECEIVE A CHRISTMAS CARD FROM ME....LOOK AWAY NOW!

First of all, can someone please tell me how it got to be the middle of November? I had planned to be so organized by now....sigh. With this thought in mind, I realized I had better get some sort of plan happening for the Christmas cards. Sure, I've made a few random ones here and there, but my list has blown out a little in the last few years (a move across the country will do that LOL), and I'm feeling the need to knock some over :)

I do a couple of different types of cards. I do the "letter card" which is usually a typed letter placed inside a handmade card with a photo, for those friends that I haven't talked to in a while. I do "just a card" for the friends that I see regularly and know all my family news. And I do the "photo card", which is for friends that I talk to regularly by phone , but may like a photo of the kids. Confused yet? hee hee

My plan as it stands...to attack the letter cards first! I saw a great idea in one of my Making Memories ideas books, which is like a handmade fold-out type card, where you attach the letter inside...LOVE IT!


So this is the prototype, made with the brand new, limited release line from Basic Grey...Mistletoe and Pear. The colours are just beautiful. I've kept it fairly simple, as I have quite a few of these to make, and I plan to replicate the design for all of them...why reinvent the wheel, hey? I've stocked up on all the cardstock and other supplies , and am ready to start mass production!
If you don't hear from me for a couple of days...well, you know what I'm up to ;)
Have a great weekend
TTFN xxx
P.S. I took Merryn to her Kindy orientation today...sob sob...I am going to miss my baby next year (thank goodness it's only 2 days per week!)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Nice card Susan but you had better get cracking christmas will be here soon. For the first time ever I made my cards about 3 months ago,bet i wont write on them and send them though.
What will you do next year 2 free days? Oooh I wonder.
XX Linda
PS where is the quilt

Suzanne said...

Good luck with the cards. Your prototype looks so good.
It is pretty sad sending them off to kinder, especially if she is your last one.

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR CARD SUZI! I DO THE SAME THING & SEND DIFFERENT CARDS TO SOME ON THE CARD LIST ETC BUT YOUR RIGHT, WHERE DID THE START OF NOVEMBER GO??? I THINK I MISSED IT!

Sonya Thair said...

I got to see this gorgeous card you've made and as usual I love it. I'd make heaps of this one and if ya get bored just change the colour! If its easy stick with it. And yes I agree I don't understand that its 5 weeks till christmas. Scary really!!

Hope to see you before then.

Son
xx