Saturday, January 10, 2009

One little word for 2009

Anyone who follows Ali Edwards blog will know all about her one little word concept. Each year, you choose a word that has significance for you-what you want to achieve, how you want to live your life, or the path that you wish to follow in the year to come. Last year I chose a word, but didn't really act upon it as much as I would have liked.

I have given my one little word for 2009 a lot of thought while I was away, and after tossing around lots of different ones, I have decided upon the word "embrace". The dictionary definition of embrace goes something like this:

embrace: fold in the arms, usually as a sign of affection, clasp, enclose, accept, adopt, include, comprise, take in with eye or mind.

Embrace is something that I hope to incorporate into many facets of my life. Embrace new experiences, embrace my family, embrace opportunities, embrace our lifestyle and all it has to offer, embrace new foods, embrace a healthier me....and so the list goes on. I see it as a very positive thing, and have already started to incorporate it into my everyday. Heavy.LOL.

Onto the scrapping :)

This is another little project that I completed with my design team goodies from Tomorrows Memories...more very beautiful October Afternoon papers. I have a thing for polka dots (have you noticed?) and love those little flowers. They are cut from a seperate piece of paper called Sweater Weather, which is stunning. Only one flower has a stem, so I cut around a few of them and made some custom flowers. The cream cardstock was cut with my Fiskars scallop scissors (after I traced around a platter to get the curve). Letters are cut using the Noteworthy card for the MM Slice, then run through the Cuttlebug with a polkadot embossing folder.

Have a great day...it is SO hot in Perth today!

TTFN xxx

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Welcome home Susan! Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday and I can't believe that you are already scrapping!!! Hope to see you soon.
Vicki x