Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stitch? Scrap? Sew? What?

I have to admit, there has been very little happening in the way of stitching or scrapping or sewing going on around here lately. My days have been FULL of kids stuff...can you relate?
Why, just keeping them fed is almost a full time occupation, let alone keeping them happy and productively occupied :)

We have had trips to the park, trips to the movies, catching up with friends, shopping for school shoes....and the dreaded grocery shopping today ($459 later, thankyouverymuch!)...by the end of the day, I am happy just to tumble into bed so that I have enough energy to face another day of kid-friendly activity! I haven't sewn a single stitch this year (shock horror) and as for scrapping....well, my scrap room is about the tidiest room in the house right now, so I don't want to jeopardise that by pulling papers out! LOL.

HOWEVER...

Since my darling son insists on turning the computer on every day so that he can download cheat codes for his Pokemon DS game (yawn yawn) I have done a little net surfing myself, and look what I found..


Is this not the cutest little wooden playset you have ever seen?

And the breakfast set....awwwww....love it! I found these online the other day, and am thinking Merryn might need to add these to her kitchen. She has her own little oven, and loves playing tea sets and baking and serving snacks from her "cafe", so I can only imagine how much she would love these.
I am so glad I have little girls. At least I can pretend that all the cute things I buy are for them!
TTFN xxx


3 comments:

Linda said...

Yes Susan who are they for? Dont worry its only Jan so you have plenty of time left to sew.
xx Linda

Jo Kay said...

They are soooo cute Susan - you definately have to get a set (for Merryn of course!!!!)
Jo :)

Janellybelly said...

Hi Susan
Just stumbled across your blog & have had an enjoyable read! I am a fabricholic, it doesn't help that I work at Textile Traders & ALWAYS bring fabric home with me :)
Blessings
Janelle
Threads of Friendship