Friday, January 23, 2009

My boy...

...who loves to climb trees :)

I am painfully aware of how slow my boy's scrapbook album is growing compared to his two sisters'. I struggle a bit with boy pages, but in my defence, my boy is also not so keen on having his photo taken. Nor does he say many cute "scrappable" things these days. And let's face it...with his busy sporting/social life, he just isn't around as much as he used to be.

This year I am planning to 'scrap' my boy a little more often, and I hope by writing that down, I just may do it :)

So here is my first boy LO of 2009...

...I was totally inspired by the simplicity of a LO by Angie Hagist, so used it as a starting point.

I thought I had completed the journaling... "My boy, who loves to climb trees, and explore new places, and go really fast on roller blades", but as soon as Riley saw the LO, he added "and tear brand new t-shirts", because that is exactly what happened on the day the photo was taken...so I added it to the journal card.
I've used Making Memories Passport, a touch of Basic Grey Granola, October Afternoon journal card, Jenni Bowlin Bingo cards (the packaging of them, actually, because the actual cards were too big!) and some stamps. The Collections owl was put through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then covered with metallic rubons (the creamy kind)...love how he turned out!
Have a great Friday!
TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love this LO it's awesome. The owl is so cute.
xx Linda
And what a great photo. Iv'e got one similar can i scraplift?

Chris Millar said...

I love the simplicity of this layout Suzi. The owl is so cute in there too! I must do some more layouts on my nephew, haven't done a boy layout in ages.

Jo Kay said...

Thats a beautiful layout Susan - I may just have to use that one myself too - if you don't mind!!!
Jo :)