Monday, March 2, 2009

Holly and Christmas Trees

I am slowly making my way through the blocks for my Christmas Belles quilt. Slowly, slowly.
In hindsight, I may have been a little ambitious in thinking that my weekend might involve lots of crafting, but hey, it doesn't hurt to dream :)

While not a lot of scrapping has been achieved, these two blocks are now complete...

Very primitive little Christmas trees, with a stitched border on the top,


and three little holly berries and leaves, all pieced and ready to go.
The great thing about a stitched project is that it is so portable. I am not limited to working on it at my scrapping desk-it can go everywhere with me. I sometimes stitch while I am watching TV, or with the kids while they are doing their homework/colouring in at the kitchen table, and my little sewing bin always goes to trampoline training with me. I sometimes even stitch a bit while I am having my morning cuppa at the breakfast table. You can achieve lots of stitches in these little snippets of time, the trick is remembering to pick it up and do it ;)
Happy Monday (it's still the weekend here...yay!)
TTFN xxx

3 comments:

Linda said...

I so agree with you about some quilting being portable and if I have one complaint about scrapbooking that would be it. You can hardly go to cricket and take a portable table and all your scrapping stuff, I do however take a applique tablecloth that I am working on. Love the fabric of this quilt.
xx Linda

Unknown said...

ALL YOUR QUILTING IS GORGEOUS SUZI, I ENVY ANYONE WHO SEW AS IAM TOTALLY ALLERGIC TO THE NEEDLE & THREAD! THE BAGS YOU ARE MAKING ARE JUST STUNNING!HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

Janellybelly said...

It's looking gorgeous, I really need to get started on mine :)