Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A book lover...

I am a book lover from waaaaayyyyyyy back. I love the smell of books, the feel of books,and always loved to read. I have often thought that I would be very happy being a librarian...or at the very least, working in a book store :)

The funny thing is, as I have grown older, my passion for childrens books has taken over from my love of novels. My kids have lots and lots and lots of books....just because I love to buy them :) This is what we're reading at the moment...

Little Miss M loves Charlie and Lola, and let me assure you that a lot of her attitude comes directly from the pages of these books LOL! Gotta love a girl with a bit of sass :)


Miss L has discovered Charlie and Lola's "big sister" Clarice Bean...this is the third one she's read, and is loving them. I have just started on my first so that we can compare notes :)


Master R is engrossed in Twilight, and wants me to read the story along with him. Unfortunately, I know myself far too well...I wouldn't be able to stop where he is up to, and then he would be angry that I overtook him (this happened with Harry Potter, and he has not forgiven me yet!)
I'd love to get back into reading novels for myself, but while ever there is thread or paper to be used, or a scrapbooking mag on my table, that is probably not going to happen. Unless you can recommend a book that I just have to read? I'd love some suggestions.....
TTFN xxx

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I used to be a prolific reader too until my sewing obsession took over! I love reading the same books as Sarah so we can discuss them. She is always giving me recommendations! I only seem to read on holidays now but my favourite author is Jodi Picoult - I love all her books and find them hard to put down once I start.

Linda said...

I will have to think about that one. Any craft happening over there. I haven't done anything to busy and tired.
xx

Jenni said...

Bec has nearly finished the 4th (final I think) Twilight book as has loved every one of them!

suz doyle said...

Yeah, I have all good intentions of reading and then my mind starts wandering to crafty things!!LOL I did recently read 'Cloud Street' by Tim Winton. It took me two attempts to actually get into the book and then I couldn't put it down.

Chris M

Janellybelly said...

You could always try 'The Host' by Stephenie Meyer (the same author as the Twilight series). Both DH and I have read and enjoyed it.
I love Historical Fiction e.g. The Outlander Saga by Diana Gabaldon, Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati & The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons to name a few...