Saturday, July 25, 2009

Temptation in small glass jars.

I swear....today I went to Tomorrows Memories only to buy a jar of white paint....I swear it's true. I can't even say that I wasn't warned that there was a heap of brand new papers and goodies, because I was. Seriously though, who can resist cute little glass jars....

...filled with the most yummy colours of flocking powder? Evidently, not me :) I also caved in to the temptation that is new Basic Grey, new My Minds Eye, new Making Memories and new Daisy Bucket. Yep, I was warned.

The good news is that I have used some of my flocking powder already!!! It was just what I needed to cover the chipboard which I needed the white paint for (that led me into temptation in the first place!) Continuing with my Riley challenge....


...with a very crooked photo with bad colour representation :) but nevertheless...A LAYOUT!
I found this photo in my reject box (photos that I have already scrapped, repeated photos,blah blah) and it illustrated my story perfectly.

This LO covers the last of July's challenges on the Scrapsidaisy forum
which is to use fabric on a LO, and to scrap a LO with an animal on it. The Peter Rabbit is actually machine embroidered onto calico, mounted on some chipboard, then remounted onto a chipboard frame which is painted then flocked with white flocking (just for you, Jo ...see, I really
did need it LOL). The navy spots is also fabric, which I trimmed with scallop scissors. The paper is called Cocco Periwinkle, an older piece from Kaisercraft. The stitching and buttons carry on the haberdashery-feel of the LO...well, that's the plan, anyway :)
Can I just say how perfect flocking is for baby layouts? It has a lovely texture...reminds me of Bonds Wondersuits, all soft and cuddly :) I am already formulating plans in my head for the pink and green!
TTFN xxx


3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I never knew that temptations such as flocking powder existed! Your baby LO is so sweet - I am sure the powder added another dimension.

Beck Beattie said...

gotta love that flocking powder!!! It is really something different and OH SO SOFT.
Nice work Susan looks like you have been a busy girl!
xxx

Chris Millar said...

Hi Suzi! Look at you in that pic - so cute!! Just love this layout and love all the cakes you've been baking too!! Now, about these flocking jars - I would love to know what brand they are, I've not seen them around. Gorgeous work on all your creations!