Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sometimes it's hard.

I'd really like to scrapbook more in 2013.

Apart from the obvious reasons for scrapbooking (which are recording memories for myself and my family, and because I enjoy it)  it is becoming obvious that I have a little, shall we say... issue...with buying pretty paper. Even when I'm not scrapbooking much at all, like in 2012, I still like to buy pretty paper....lots of pretty paper, and storage is now becoming an issue :)

So, five layouts per month are now on my to-do list, and I'm going to try really hard to make that many each month. Wish me luck?

Here is number one for 2013...appropriately named "sometimes it's hard" ;)

This photo has been printed and sitting on my desk for almost 12 months, so it was an easy target to get onto a scrapbook page :)

Once I'd picked out a background paper...So Sweet from Echo Park's new collection Love Story...I reached into my little containers of leftover embellishments that I've been telling you about, and found this sticker which I think is by Basic Grey ( can I hear a WOOOHOOOO  for stash busting!)


I let the colours in it dictate my colour scheme for the layout...and love how they worked :)

You should be able to read the journaling if you click on the image. This photo hurts my heart a little, but scrapbooking for me is about keeping it real, and recording the good as well as the not-so-good. Life is not always sunshine and lollipops, right?

Best go and clean off my desk...I forgot how messy it gets when I scrapbook :)

Have a great evening...and a FANTASTIC week!

TTFN xxx


3 comments:

Hope said...

Oh, it's beautiful.

Woohooo for stash-busting! And good luck with the five layouts per month - you can do it!

Sandi said...

I have that problem too (might be contagious) - I love collecting pretty papers too, but I also love pretty fabrics..I am trying desperately to stay away from fabric and paper shops to make myself use up what I have first..
Mind you I have already been to the fabric shop and Kaiser craft shop this year - Oh well, there is always next week to be good...

Tracey Holdyk said...

This layout is so beautiful and although the tough stories are hard to tell, they are important because life isn't all sunshine and lollipops. Thanks for sharing
love me :-)