Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rainy days and tantrums :)

Today was rainy...the perfect weather for baking.

It's been a while since I've baked...what used to be an at least once a week activity for me has given way to work and house cleaning and many other much-less-fun things, but today I gave in to the urge :)


See that very cute cake tin in the background? I received it as a belated birthday gift last night from some very dear friends of mine, and the urge to fill it with something yummy was overwhelming. This cake is called "Never Fail Cake" from Julie Goodwin's cookbook...and to be honest, with my track record with creating stuff lately, a sure-fire, no-fail cake was just what the doctor ordered :)

Let me explain.

Things in my sewing room haven't been going along too well lately...just ask Linda and Tracey. They came over last night to make our April project for Sweetwater label Crew, and I had trouble from the moment we started.

What should have been an easy peasy little project gave me no end of frustration...and my perfection tendencies went into overdrive!

After unpicking and restitching almost every stitch that I sewed, I called it finished...and threw that bag into a corner of my craft room, never to be seen again :)

I stayed right away from the sewing machine today (to protect my sanity!) and did a bit of homework for my photography course...have I told you about that yet? I'm so excited to be finally learning how to use my camera, which was a birthday gift last year, in a class with Sharon Manning. It's going to be a case of slowly, slowly for me, but I'm thrilled to be getting a handle on aperture...and these raindrops make my heart skip a beat!

Love love love blurry backgrounds :)

TTFN xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your cake tin, so cute, and that cake looks very yummy.

Sharon Manning said...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Oh that photo is awesome Susan! And I have been eyeing that cake tin off at the shops myself....I walk past it every week!
See you at the next lesson! x

Sharon Manning said...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Oh that photo is awesome Susan! And I have been eyeing that cake tin off at the shops myself....I walk past it every week!
See you at the next lesson! x

Chookyblue...... said...

heard you and your machine weren't very good friends..........nice bag though..........

Cardygirl said...

It is awful when sewing time is spent reverse stitching....some days nothing goes right! The cake looks yummy!

Tracey Holdyk said...

LMAO... thanks for such a great night, I think we all needed a good laugh.
Now go and pick up that bag.
love me :-)

Linda said...

Loving that photo and the cake looks yummo. Thanks for a fun night.
Xx

Tracey said...

Yummo....I've come to see the cake! Now I know why Linda would like to live closer! Cute as little bags too:)