Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Banner lovin'...

Mardi did a blog post the other day which really struck a chord with me. She commented that she is guilty of " storing up" inspiration...gathering ideas and supplies for various projects, but never seeming to get them made....sound familiar?

Most days my head swims with plans and projects, but I always seem to have too much on my already long "to-finish list" , and most of them are projects that take a really long time to finish.

Mardi is having a "Dreams In Action" week, a week that she concentrates on bringing some of her inspiration to life , which I thought was a great idea :)



The problem with the idea? A banner wasn't actually on my to-do list, until I saw the cool ones that Mardi made LOL! So instead of working on completing the projects I have already started, I made a banner instead :)
I'm not quite sure that this is sticking with the general idea, but I love my polka-dotty banner which is now hanging in my craft room!


The flowers are by Maya Road, and leftover from the LO I made the other day...told you that they would make an appearance soon :)

The longest part of the project? Digging through boxes and boxes of craft supplies to find the thick piping chord that I have used to tie it all together with. The scariest part of the project? Finding lots more UFO's (unfinished objects) that could do with my attention...uh oh.
Wonder what I'll attack next?
TTFN xxx



5 comments:

Mardi said...

What a GORGEOUS polka dot banner ...it looks just beautiful...
Im so thrilled that I inspired you to make one....even if it wasnt on the existing 'to-do' list...hehe
Isnt it a great feeling to actually create .... I hope you can cross off a few more UFO's this week...
Thanks again for joing me...

Linda said...

Suusan its lovely and the flowers just finish it of. Tracey didn't get my hint when i said i would like one for my craft room hint hint. OK i can make one myself.
xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the banner Susan! It was the perfect project for your lovely polka dot fabrics. Can't wait to see what else you create this week!

Jenni said...

Love the bunting! I'm thinking of making a Christmas one! Perhaps I should start now...

Janellybelly said...

Too cute, & looks especially fabulous with your Polka Dot fabric from Subi :)