Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Scrappy Friday :)

Happy Friday everybody!

Friday means a new challenge over at Scrapsidaisy...not sure if they are up in the gallery yet, as the Wingham girls are having a retreat this weekend (lucky ducks!!) , but here is my take...

The challenge was set by Mel, and involved using butterflies and flowers on your layout. I kept mine fairly simple because there is quite a lot of journaling, but managed to include both :) The story is about Merryn's battle with ecsema, which thankfully is all under control now!

The paper is by 7Gypsies and The Girls Paperie, flowers by Prima and butterflies by Jenni Bowlin stidios. I cut the alphas and swirls with my MM Slice.
I had some time to play with the new challenge over at The Colour Room today...


Thought I'd get straight onto it this week, as I haven't done one of these Colour Palettes for a while now...and the colours are so yummy!


This is an older photo of Merryn at a school fete. I used October Afternoon Fly A Kite Ice Cream paper, and cut more scallops to echo the design. The back of the paper is the green checks, and I cut the banner from the rest of it...and that's the whole sheet gone!


I stitched around the edges, and attached some velvet ricrac and bling to finish off the banner.

The alphas are American Crafts Thickers, and extra stickers are October Afternoon Farm Fresh.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend...mine is FULL of trampolining (State Championships on Sunday) with hopefully some fun and friends thrown in.
TTFN xxx

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What gorgeous LO's of Merryn - she is so photogenic! Good luck to Riley for the state comp. Have a great weekend!

Hope said...

Gorgeous pages Susan. Love the second one especially.

Linda said...

Lovely LO's Susan. WHAT! you have used the last of your favourite papers oh no. Great LO about merryn's story a great one to document for future generations.
xx

Janellybelly said...

Brilliant LO's as always. Is it wrong to want the bag in the Colour room pic?
Go team Riley!

Beckie said...

I love the Sugar Overload page Suzi!! The banner looks awesome!! How did the trampolining go??