Friday, June 11, 2010

Moving on to Plan B...or C?

It would seem that I'm having one of those weeks where nothing much is going to plan...ever have weeks like that?

Yesterday, my "plan B" photo was this yummy little bundle of supplies that I was planning to use today..
...to make one of these...

...from this book that I received for my birthday.

And it was a good plan too....my current ironing board cover had seen better days.
BUT...it turns out that my ironing board was hiding a secret...



...it was disintegrating! LOL...I really can't complain, I've had my trusty ironing board since I was a teenager :) It now seems that a new ironing board is much more urgently required than a new ironing board cover.
So moving on to "Plan B" it was ...or should that be "Plan C" ?

When I made my Christmas Belles quilt, I had lots of little squares left over. I had stitched them into a larger square, which was going to become a cushion...I had just never made the cushion :) So that's what I did today. I attached some satin mini-piping around the edges, and made a decorative closure for the back...


...and that's another project out of my "Works-in-Progress" pile :)
Being Friday, it's also time for another challenge at Scrapsidaisy, this time by Leah. This is the picture we were given..


Oh my, oh my...this was enough to throw me into a tail spin for a bit. I DON'T DO OFF THE PAGE! I must've forgotten to tell Leah that :)
So I didn't (hee hee hee)..
I used the colours of the tin as my inspiration...cheating? Perhaps :)


I wanted to document how, even though only one of us jumps, we all head off to trampoline training at an alarming frequency, and what the girls and I do to pass the time. I wrote the journaling back in March, and already lots of the little details of our routine have changed...love that I recorded them back then.
If you have stuck with me until now...thanks! This has been a long one :)
Have a fabulous weekend
TTFN xxx
P.S. My Snapshot for today is the top photo of buttons...I am grateful that I have supplies on hand, so that when one plan fails, I can go with Plan B...or Plan C when necessary hee hee hee.


4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the sweet buttons! I must admit it is great having a big stash of fabrics and supplies so you can make whatever you dream up without having to dash off to the shop.

Love the new cushion - satin piping is always a lovely finishing touch.

My ironing board suffered a similar fate a few weeks ago about 22 years of faithful service!

Tracey Holdyk said...

I am so in love with that photo of buttons, they are so cute.
Love the idea of the ironing board cover... i need one desperately so maybe that could be our next sewing project!!!! what do you think.
Have a great day.
love me :-)

Anonymous said...

You iron? Isn't that just used for mixed media stuff? ;-)

I love your twist on the mint tins, but just had to pop in {again} and say... wow I LOVE your handwriting!!

Mis xo

Linda said...

Love all of your photos today and that lovely pile of buttons. Wonderful Riley LO and the cushionn looks fabulous. Laughing about your ironing board.
xx