Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The bits I missed :)

Hello hello....remember me? The girl who was making a December Daily album? I haven't given up, even if we have now passed the big day, and are actually zooming very fast towards the New Year! Since I have no actual pages to show you...ooops...I thought I'd show you a sneak of the bits I missed...

Our annual tour of the Christmas lights, and exchange of gifts with our lovely friends...

...the early opening of gifts from under the tree (this is a little tradition in our house...must make a scrapbook page about that!)

...the construction of our very first gingerbread house...


....and the making of a decadently delicious Black Forest Torte for Christmas Day...yum!

My December Daily album will also include our early Christmas celebration from last Wednesday night....my DH flew out for work on Thursday morning :( and that's the day where my documenting stalled. It's been a very different Christmas for us, without him here. The good news? We get to celebrate Christmas all over again when he flies in on Thursday...yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
So...please excuse my absence from around here lately. It's taken lots of energy just keeping my chin up, and my smile on, and trying to keep things as cheery and upbeat and normal as possible.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you so much for your support, your comments, and for visiting throughout the year...I appreciate it more than you know :)
My Christmas miracle? I'm starting to feel like pulling some pretty papers out, just for fun! Hallelujah!
TTFN xxx

4 comments:

Scented Sweetpeas said...

aahh I love that gingerbread house and all your other photos. Sorry to hear your other half had to fly out on Thursday but woop woop for an extra Christmas day :-) Take care. Zoe x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your Gingerbread house looks fabulous Susan - no doubt you will be adding that activity to your holiday traditions:) Your Black Forest cake looks so amazing.

Thinking of you over Christmas and so glad that you had a wonderful day even if it was different. Hope that your DH won't be rostered to work at Christmas again in the foreseeable future!! Enjoy tomorrow:)

Linda said...

Guess what? Its christmas for you tomorrow.Enjoy your day. The ginger bread house loooks fantastic as does your black forrest.yummo. So is it full christmas dinner for you tomorrow or what?

Chris Millar said...

Have just been catching up on your blog Suzz! Oh my gosh, what a delight it is to see all your stitching and scrapping creations and of course that awesome gingerbread house and black forest cake! I can just imagine how good that tasted! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!